National Career Development Month Events: Save the Date!
November is NCD/NCDA Career Development Month and the OCDA Board has put together some great opportunities for our members! Read below for what we are offering for the month of November.
Attend Free Trainings (CEU Eligible) for the Month of November
OCDA is offering two, free professional development trainings for the month of November; both of these trainings are CEU eligible (1 each) for members approved by the Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapy Board.
- Monday, November 16th from 6pm-7pm (Virtual): Engaging Graduate Students on Career Management with Evan Faidley, M.Ed., M.A.
- Thursday, November 19th from 12pm-1pm (Virtual): Designing Mentorship Programs that Incorporate Career Readiness and Self-Efficacy with Taylor Slocum, MSEd., LPC, CPRW.
Network with Other Members - November Coffee Chats
Network virtually with other members during NCDA Month. OCDA will be hosting three Coffee Chats. These meetings are FREE to members and are a wonderful opportunity to meet other members and discuss career related topics!
Dates and Topics:
- Thursday, November 12th from 4pm-5pm: Advising and Community Engagement/Involvement (e.g., employers)
- Wednesday, November 18th from 5pm-6pm: Advising and Career Programming
- Monday, November 30 from 12pm-1pm: Programming and Special populations
OCDA Virtual Winter Book Club
Looking to snuggle up with a good book this winter? Need something to do while stuck at home? Join us for a good book and discussion during our first ever book club! Whether you want to listen to the audiobook or read it, we are excited to have you! We will meet virtually every three weeks starting in December; book title, dates, and sign up will be announced soon.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Dalila Byrd, OCDA Archives Chair, @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Toolkit Requests
We would like to feature members on our social media and the opportunity to share any tools or resources YOU have been using during the pandemic that have been useful while working with clients! We also plan to compile these resources in an exclusive Toolkit to be shared with all members in the month of November!
If you would like to be featured on our social media and/or your tool to be included in the Member Toolkit, please submit:
- Your name, job title, and employer
- A recent headshot of yourself OR a short 30 second - 1 minute video of yourself describing the tool
- The tool (a worksheet, link, book title, etc.) and a brief description of what it is and how it has been helpful
NCDA Career Practitioner Institute
Tuesday, November 10th from 11am to 5pm, join NCDA for their Career Practitioner Institute titled, "Practical Techniques and Strategies for Career Development Practitioners." For the first time ever, this NCDA CPI will be VIRTUAL. Registration is $175 for members, $125 for students/retired, and $275 for non-members. Register online by clicking here.