November is National Career Development Month! Be sure to join us for events, throughout the entire month, where you can virtually network with other career professionals and discuss career-related topics!
Coffee Chat Topic: Advising and Community Engagement/Involvement
OCDA is kicking off NCD month with a "Coffee Chat" as a way for members and interested career professionals to get to know one another and gain valuable insights. On Thursday, November 12th from 4:00PM - 5:00PM, we will be meeting virtually via Zoom! Zoom Information:
Topic: Coffee Chat
Time: Nov 12, 2020 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 848 5404 7325
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,84854047325# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,84854047325# US (New York)
The topic for our Coffee Chat is "Advising and Community Engagement/Involvement" This is an informal virtual discussion, where you can share your own experiences and hear from others! Before the Coffee Chat, please think of some answers to the following questions to share with the larger group:
1. What platforms are you using to engage your students/clients?
2. Which advising techniques have you learned during the quarantine that you hope to utilize in future appointments?
3. Have you seen an increase/decrease in services in the last six months? How do you hope to engage clients/students in the future to keep or improve that engagement?
1. How are you maintaining/leveraging relationships virtually with community partners?
2. How can the community be a better advocate for the work that you're already doing?
3. How can we as career advisors/staff better connect our clients to the local community for opportunities?
*Bring a friend! Pass this invite along to other career services professionals, membership in OCDA is NOT required.