BOB WINDLE LEADERSHIP CAREER AWARD
2017 Award Recipient – Allison Jones
Allison Jones was announced as the recipient of 2017 The Bob Windle Leadership Career Award at the OCDA Annual Conference on May 19 at The Ohio State University (OSU). Currently, Allison serves as the Director of Career Management and Corporate Relations for the Fisher College of Business at OSU. Her dedication to OCDA, leadership, and commitment to enhancing our field makes her an ideal recipient for this honor. Allison is known for continuously going above and beyond to help students and colleagues, and she has been a sounding board and a friend to many throughout her career. Allison was a member of the OCDA Executive Board from 2010-2016. During that time, she planned a very successful conference and spearheaded the implementation of OCDA’s PayPal system, which helped the organization to meet members’ needs more efficiently than ever before. Additionally, Allison served in a variety of Executive Board roles on OSU’s Association of Staff and Faculty Women. Please join us in congratulating Allison Jones on her outstanding achievement!
More about the Bob Windle Career Award:
This award is presented annually by the Ohio Career Development Association to a career professional in the state of Ohio as recognition of his/her exemplary service to the profession as indicated by participation and leadership in professional associations at the local, state, and/or national levels. Additionally, this award can be presented to a professional in recognition of his/her distinguished scholastic activity in the advancement of the career counseling and/or career development field.
The criteria for this award are as follows:
- Nominee must be an active practitioner in the field of career counseling and/or career development in the state of Ohio.
- Nominee must be a member of OCDA.
- Biographical information (or a resume) and a one page (maximum) statement that is submitted must include documented evidence of this person providing leadership in professional associations at the local, state, and/or national levels; and/or evidence of this person supporting the advancement of the career counseling and/or career development.
- Consideration will be given to significant contributions to the improvement, promotion, development of career counseling and/or career development, and enhancement of professional association activities.
- Consideration will also be given, but is not limited to, research activities, conferences and presentations, consultations, special projects, development of materials, and any other data that reflect advancement of the career counseling and/or career development field.
For any questions about awards, please contact Natalie Fox, Awards Chair, at email@example.com.