OCDA membership encompasses all career development providers including counselors, educators, business professionals, graduate students and paraprofessionals. The OCDA community represents a wide array of settings: education, private practice, business, and public and private institutions. Members are dedicated to promoting the career development of all people over the lifespan and improving the standards of professional career service in Ohio.
OCDA, founded in 1975, is a division of the Ohio Counseling Association (OCA) and the Ohio division of the National Career Development Association (NCDA), which was founded in 1913. NCDA is a division of the American Counseling Association (ACA).
WHY JOIN OCDA?
Each OCDA member receives:
- Networking opportunities with career development professionals from all over Ohio
- Access to the OCDA Linked In group for additional networking and professional development
- Opportunities to build leadership skills by participating on the OCDA executive board
- Access to the OCDA quarterly newsletter and the ability to publish articles
- A free subscription to NCDA’s monthly web magazine Career Convergence
- Discounts for workshops including the OCDA Spring Conference
- Access to multiple career-related online interviews each month through Careerwell
- Several opportunities each year to earn CEU’s
- Notifications about volunteer opportunities with community organizations seeking career professional expertise
- Opportunities to apply for and be nominated for professional development and career-related grants/awards
- A chance to increase professional recognition for career development and counseling by being part of a state organization
PROFESSIONAL: Individuals who hold a master’s degree or higher in counseling or a closely related field and/or GCDF
ASSOCIATE: Individuals who have an interest or involvement in career development and have a desire to uphold the mission and principles of OCDA
RETIRED: Career development professionals who are currently retired and not actively working in the profession
STUDENT: Individuals currently enrolled in graduate or licensure programs preparing them for counseling/career development fields
TO BECOME A MEMBER OR TO RENEW A MEMBERSHIP:
- Go to http://a3.acteva.com/orderbooking/bookEvent/A311803
- Click on the appropriate membership category and timeframe for when you are starting the membership. Right now, everyone will click on September 2012-August 2013, because during that 12 months is when your membership will start. Each membership will still last 365 days. So, for example, if you renew/begin a new membership in November 2012, your membership will not expire until November 2013. Once you have clicked on the correct category and timeframe, answer the accompanying questions.
- Payment can be submitted right away using a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or PayPal account.
If your employer is paying for your membership:
- You will answer all questions on the Acteva OCDA Membership page, but click on Save Order at the bottom. At that point, your membership will be pending and you’ll be sent this link: http://a3.acteva.com/myorders and a unique password.
- Then, share that link along with the email address you used for the system and the password with your employer and have the appropriate person go to the link and enter the password and payment information for your membership.
- Individuals can only register for one membership at a time. If your employer wants to pay for multiple memberships at a time, the employer will need to log-in as each person and submit payment for their individual memberships.
- If it is not possible for your employer to submit payment online, a check can still be accepted. Complete all of the membership information and answer the questions, then have your employer send a check for the correct amount to the Membership Chair, Karen Novakovic. Please email her for the address at: KNovakovic@starkstate.edu