TO BECOME A MEMBER OR TO RENEW A MEMBERSHIP:
- We apologize but our online membership system is currently down.
- To become a member through regular mail please fill out the form below and submit via snail mail.
OHIO CAREER DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
OCDA membership encompasses any career development providers and those who have an interest in career development including counselors, educators, business professionals, and graduate students. The OCDA community represents a wide array of settings: education, private practice, business, and public and private institutions. Members are dedicated to promoting the career development of all people over the lifespan and improving the standards of professional career service in Ohio.
OCDA, founded in 1975, is a division of the Ohio Counseling Association (OCA) and the Ohio division of the National Career Development Association (NCDA), which was founded in 1913. NCDA is a division of the American Counseling Association (ACA).
WHY JOIN OCDA? Each OCDA member receives:
- Networking opportunities with career development professionals from all over Ohio through regional events and the OCDA Annual Conference
- Access to the OCDA Linked In group for additional networking and professional development
- Opportunities to build leadership skills by participating on the OCDA executive board
- Access to the OCDA quarterly newsletter and the ability to publish articles
- A free subscription to NCDA’s monthly web magazine Career Convergence
- Access to multiple career-related webinars through NCDA
- Several opportunities each year to earn CEU’s
- Notifications about volunteer opportunities with community organizations seeking career professional expertise
- Opportunities to apply for and be nominated for professional development and career-related grants/awards
- A chance to increase professional recognition for career development and counseling by being part of a state organization